From "Gao, Yunlong" <dg.gaoyunl...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with Hadoop Job History Server
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:05:52 GMT
To whom it may concern,

I am using Hadoop 2.7.1.2.3.6.0-3796, with the Hortonworks distribution of
HDP-2.3.6.0-3796. I have a question with the Hadoop Job History sever.

After I set up everything, the resource manager/name nodes/data nodes seem
to be running fine. But the job history server is not working correctly.
The issue with it is that the UI of the job history server does not show
any jobs.  And all the rest calls to the job history server do not work
either. Also notice that there is no logs in HDFS under the directory of "
mapreduce.jobhistory.done-dir"

I have tried with different things, including restarting the job history
server and monitor the log -- no error/exceptions is observed. I also
rename the /hadoop/mapreduce/jhs/mr-jhs-state for the state recovery of job
history server, and then restart it again, but no particular error happens.
I tried with some other random stuff that I borrowed from online
blogs/documents but got no luck.

Thanks,
Yunlong