From Suresh V <verdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Yarn web UI shows more memory used than actual
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2016 13:31:27 GMT
Hello,

In our cluster when a MR job is running, in the 'Nodes of the cluster'
page, it shows the memory used as 84GB out of 87GB allocated to yarn
nodemanagers.
However when I actually do a top or free command while logged in to the
node, it shows as only 23GB used and about 95GB or more free.

I would imagine the memory used displayed in the Yarn web UI should match
the memory used shown by top or free command on the node.

Please advise if this is right thinking or am I missing something?

Thank you
Suresh.