From Sunil Govind <sunil.gov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yarn web UI shows more memory used than actual
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 12:58:04 GMT
Hi Suresh

"This 'memory used' would be the memory used by all containers running on
that node"
>> "Memory Used" in Nodes page indicates how memory is used in all the node
managers with respect to the corresponding demand made to RM. For eg, if
application has asked for 4GB resource and if its really using only 2GB,
then this kind of difference can be shown (one possibility). Which means
4GB will be displayed in Node page.

As Ray has mentioned if the demand for resource is more from AM itself OR
with highly configured JVM size for containers (through java opts), there
can be chances that containers may take more that you intented and UI will
display higher value.

Thanks
Sunil