From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing just the HDFS client
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 05:25:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently building a HBase docker image. As part of the bootstrap
process, I need to run some `hdfs dfs` commands to create directories on
HDFS.

The whole hadoop distribution is pretty heavy contains things to run
namenodes, etc. I just need a copy of the dfs client for my docker
image. I have done some poking around and see that I need to include the
files in bin/, libexec/, lib/ and share/hadoop/common and share/hadoop/hdfs.

However, including the above still takes up quite a bit of space. Is
there a single JAR I can add to my image to perform operations against HDFS?

Cheers,

Francis