From Sudhir.Kumar <Sudhir.Ku...@target.com>
Subject Re: Teradata into hadoop Migration
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 12:45:14 GMT
Hi Bhagaban,

Data migration can be achieved by Scoop. However if you are also looking for ETL/ELT application
migration then you would have to look into converting the ELT SQLs into map-reduce framework
based codes. You can build an conversion tool.

Thanks,

Sudhir Kumar

“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where
you start”. — Nido Qubein

From: Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr@apache.org>
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 at 6:07 PM
To: Bhagaban Khatai <email.bhagaban@gmail.com>
Cc: "user.hadoop" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Teradata into hadoop Migration

Hi Bhagaban,

Perhaps, you can try "Apache Sqoop" to transfer data to Hadoop from Teradata. Apache Sqoop
provides an efficient approach for transferring large data between Hadoop related systems
and structured data stores. It allows support for a data store to be added as a so-called
connector and can connect to various databases including Oracle etc.

I hope the below links will be helpful to you,
http://sqoop.apache.org/
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/01/cloudera-connector-for-teradata-1-0-0/
http://hortonworks.com/blog/round-trip-data-enrichment-teradata-hadoop/
http://dataconomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Syncsort-A-123ApproachtoTeradataOffloadwithHadoop.pdf

Below are few data ingestion tools, probably you can dig more into it,
https://www.datatorrent.com/product/datatorrent-ingestion/
https://www.datatorrent.com/dtingest-unified-streaming-batch-data-ingestion-hadoop/

Thanks,
Rakesh