From Klaus Ma <klaus1982...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Where's official Docker image for Hadoop?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 01:12:48 GMT
I'd like to deploy YARN by Kubernetes.

I built docker images with Apache Hadoop, and I'd like to contribute it into hadoop source
if not. It'll be great if Hadoop have an official place for those images.

----

Da (Klaus), Ma (??), PMP(r)| Software Architect
Platform DCOS Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | madaxa@cn.ibm.com | http://k82.me

<http://k82.me/>
________________________________
From: shaposhnik@gmail.com <shaposhnik@gmail.com> on behalf of Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 12:57:40 AM
To: Klaus Ma
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where's official Docker image for Hadoop?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Klaus Ma <klaus1982.cn@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi team,
>

> Does anyone know where's official docker images? If not, I'd like to
> contribute the Dockefile for it.

I am just curious, what's your use case?

Also, you may want to look at the following "prior art" in the area
of Hadoop/Docker:
    http://www.slideshare.net/saintya/trend-micro-big-data-platform-and-apache-bigtop
    https://github.com/trifacta/floating-elephants

> BTW, do we have official docker hub account for Hadoop?

It was suggested that it may be useful for ASF to have an official account,
but nothing materialized AFAIK.

Thanks,
Roman.