From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standby Namenode getting RPC latency alerts
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 04:38:20 GMT
Hi Sandeep,

This alert could be triggered if the NN operations exceeds certain
threshold value. Sometimes an increase in the RPC processing time increases
the length of call queue and results in this situation. Could you please
provide more details about the client operations you are performing and
causing it to perform too many NameNode operations. Perhaps, you can check
your client applications and their logs to get any info/hint. Also, do you
see any heavy utilization of CPU? Could you please share both Namenodes,
client logs etc.

Regards,
Rakesh