From Ron's Yahoo! <zlgonza...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Reading video files from HDFS using OpenCV
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2016 19:08:10 GMT
You can create a stream for an HDFS file and have OpenCV read from the stream.
Other option is to create a yarn job and you can resource localize the HDFS file so you can
run OpenCV just like any other application.

Thanks,
Ron

> On Jul 24, 2016, at 12:03 PM, Madhav Sharan <msharan@usc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi hadoop users,
>
> I need some help in reading video files from HDFS. I am processing videos using OpenCV
and opencv is not able to read video file from hdfs. I tried prefixing path with "hdfs://"
but it still does not works. Is there a way we can directly read from HDFS using opencv?