From Vinayakumar B <vinayakumar...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: wrong remaining space reported by Data Nodes
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:35:02 GMT
Hi

You might be hitting https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-9530,.

This will arrive soon in coming 2.7.3 Release. ☺

-Vinay

From: Ophir Etzion [mailto:ophir@foursquare.com]
Sent: 22 July 2016 19:03
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: wrong remaining space reported by Data Nodes

Hi,

I have a cluster with about 200 Data Nodes.
when doing `hdfs dfsadmin -report` all nodes report less remaining space then exists on the
disks (as seen by 'df -h' on the data node machine).
it is less by about 2TB in every machine.
when restarting a DataNode it calculates the remaining space well again and we get the 2TB
back as remaining space.

any idea why this difference in the remaining space happens and how I can solve it? (something
other than doing a rolling restart on the nodes every time this happens)

Thank you,
Ophir