From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject anyone seen this weird "setXIncludeAware is not supported" error?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 20:07:20 GMT
Ok, this drives me into nuts.

I got a junit test case as simple as below:

  @Before
public void setup() throws IOException {
    Job job = Job.getInstance();
    Configuration config = job.getConfiguration();

And I got Exception at Job.getInstance() as:

  java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:  setXIncludeAware is not supported on this JAXP
implementation or earlier: class org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:614)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2523)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2492)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2405)

        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:981)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.checkAndWarnDeprecation(JobConf.java:2069)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.<init>(JobConf.java:447)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.getInstance(Job.java:175)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.getInstance(Job.java:156)

        at com.merkleinc.crkb.match.keymatching.KeyMatchingTest.setup(KeyMatchingTest.java:52)

What is strange is that the same code works in windows but not on Linux. Even on Linux, only
one class is facing the problem. Other classes are fine running the exact same code.  On that
problematic class, there are four test methods, one is successful and three are failing.

Anyone has similar experience?

I have Hadoop 2.7.1, hive 1.2.1 and hbase 1.1.2. and I am running with maven 3.3.3 and/or
3.3.9.

Access the Q2 2016 Digital Marketing Report for a fresh set of trends and benchmarks in digital
marketing<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-07-26/47gt7c>

Download the latest installment of our annual Marketing Imperatives, “Winning with People-Based
Marketing”<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2016-04-26/3lbfd1>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.