From Alexandru Calin <alexandrucali...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I/O time when reading from HDFS in Hadoop
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:28:15 GMT
Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your response.
To be more exactly, I am interested in measuring the time between the
following intervals: [*a*:*{CLI launch & HDFS read}*]--[*b*:*{user defined
map/reduce}*]---[[*c*:*{writing processed data to HDFS}-end of job*]. I
want to measure how setting compression on and off at input and output data
will change the time between a--b--c boundries and ultimately the total
execution time of a map reduce job (a--c). I am using standard benchmarks
like Wordcount.

Thanks again,
Alex

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 7:52 PM, Daniel Schulz <danielschulz2005@hotmail.com