From Sasaki Kai <lewua...@me.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a hadoop cluster
Date Sat, 14 May 2016 12:42:38 GMT
Hello, Mudit

> 1)Do i need to have 3NameNodes or 2 will work.

Though I might not grasp what you mean, we do not always need to run multiple NNs with ZooKeeper.
We can run one active NN.

> 2)Do zookeeper needs to be run on 3 separate nodes and i can run Journal on same zookeeper
nodes.

It is not necessary to run ZooKeepers separately. But we have to use different client port
and election port for ZooKeeper, otherwise default value is conflict. Of course since it might
cause performance issue, we should avoid to do it on production.

Thanks
Kai Sasaki

> On May 14, 2016, at 00:27, Mudit Kumar <mudit.kumar@askme.in> wrote:
>
> Hey Guys,
>
> I am setting up a hadoop cluster.I have few questions:
>
> 1)Do i need to have 3NameNodes or 2 will work.
> 2)Do zookeeper needs to be run on 3 separate nodes and i can run Journal on same zookeeper
nodes.

> So basically i am looking for how i can minimize my usages and configure NN/Zookeeper/Journal
setting with full functionality.