From Arun Natva <arun.na...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance Benchmarks on "Number of Machines"
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 18:10:57 GMT
Deepak,
I believe yahoo and Facebook have largest clusters like over 4-5 thousand nodes of size..

If you add a new server to the cluster, you are simply adding to the cpu, memory, disk space
of the cluster.. So, the capacity grows linearly as you add nodes except that network bandwidth
is shared

I didn't understand your last question on scaling...

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 27, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Deepak Goel <deicool@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hey
>
> Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour
>
> Are there any performance benchmarks as to how many machines can Hadoop scale up to?
Is the growth linear (For 1 machine - growth x, for 2 machines - 2x growth, for 10000 machines
- 10000x growth??)