From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best way to migrate PB scale data between live cluster?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 07:34:02 GMT
rsync is fairly low level, I guess it would be ok as a last resort to get
back files held within hadoop. But it might be difficult to reconstruct a
hadoop cluster using just the raw files on the disk. It wouldn't be very
quick in any case.

How are people doing disaster recover then with large hadoop clusters? Lets
say you have two data centers and you want to replicate data from one
cluster to another, so that if you lost your primary dc, you could then
switch to the secondary one?

If you take a look here - http://hortonworks.com/partner/wandisco/

There is a paid for solution using wan disco which is able to perform this
replication for you. Are there no other alternatives to this?

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <jaquilina@eagleeyet.net