From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use Yarn API to find task/attempt status
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:24:26 GMT
You would use YARN apis as mentioned my David. Look for “PendingMB” from “RM:8088/jmx”
to see allocated/reserved/pending stats on a per queue basis. There is probably a WS that
exposes similar data. At the app level, something like "http://RM:8088/ws/v1/cluster/apps/application_1457573549805_0001”
will give you details (only for a running app ) on allocated MB, running containers and pending
resourceRequests, clusterUsagePercentage, etc.

thanks
— Hitesh

On Mar 10, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com> wrote:

> Thanks David/Jeff.
>
> To avoid further confusions, let me make sure I am clear on what I am trying to do: I
would like to know how many hours in a day my cluster is running at its full capacity, and
when that happens, how long is my waiting queue. I founded similar information on Ambari as
below, but I’d like to dive deeper, hence asking.

> From what I see, container per job information, especially pending containers, is only
available from an application’s trackingUrl, but that just applies to M/R jobs. I am not
able to get the same information from a Tez applications’ trackingUrl (Tez’s url doesn’t
do anything for hdp2.2).  So how does Ambari find the information out?

here : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Hadoop-YARN/
> Read the comments, they matter :-)
>
> Le 10 mars 2016 7:28 AM, "Jeff Zhang" <zjffdu@gmail.com> a écrit :
> If it is for M/R, then maybe this is what you want
> https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/JobStatus.html
>

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com> wrote:
> Let’s say there are 10 standard M/R jobs running. How to find how many tasks are done/running/pending?

knows containers. So it should be your application to provide such function.

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Frank Luo <jluo@merkleinc.com> wrote:
> Anyone had a similar issue and knows the answer?

a way to do it through a Java API?

> I looked at YarnClient, but not able to find what I need.
>
> Thx in advance.
>
> Frank Luo
> This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended
recipient(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions
to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be
confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.