From Daniel Schulz <danielschulz2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos Hadoop access
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2016 09:28:33 GMT
Hi Vivek,

Sounds like you got this correct to me. The part "callback" sounds a bit odd to me; there
is no callback in that sense. You get a ticket to your session and then can work on Kerberized
Hadoop with that. This is two separate steps on the commandline — not one workflow connected
via callback.

What I described was the manual workflow to get a ticket. If you need to run batch jobs, like
cron, it is best to use keytab files for that. I think, the Java API should be used best with
keytab files.

Kind regards, Daniel.

> On 13 Mar 2016, at 09:44, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
> Thanks for prompt response. So I need a standalone Kerberos java client first for kinit
purpose and then in callback I can use UserGroupInformation =>loginfromKeytab and run map
reduce job?

> Please let me know, if I understood correctly.
>
> PS: Via kinit command line I am able to access and run map reduce job but struggling
with java api.

> Sincerely,
> -Vivek

you need a Kerberos ticket from KDC from machine X first. Therefore, your OS user needs a
configured Kerberos client, gets a ticket using kinit from X and assigns it to your session
on Y. klist then displays your ticket information and its validity on the commandline. Then,
you are able to work on Hadoop with your user for this time span. After it or when doing the
next login, you need a new Kerberos ticket doing the same thing.

> To destroy your Kerberos ticket simply issue kdestroy on the commandline. In case of
further questions, please feel free to reach out to us any time.

> Kind regards, Daniel.
>
> On 13 Mar 2016, at 09:26, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Benoy,
> Thanks for your response. Would
>
> You can also obtain kerberos tickets programatically using keytab. See http://hadoopsecurity.org/wiki/How%20to%20access%20secure%20Hadoop%20cluster%20programmatically%20using%20keytab
>
> it also work from remote client machine?
>
> Shouldn’t it be like need to connect with remote KDC server first for kinit?  Here
in my case, KDC is on machine X and secured hadoop cluster is on machine Y.

ticket , do a kinit. More kerberos command are here : http://hadoopsecurity.org/wiki/Useful%20Kerberos%20Commands%20for%20a%20Hadoop%20User

> You can also obtain kerberos tickets programatically using keytab. See http://hadoopsecurity.org/wiki/How%20to%20access%20secure%20Hadoop%20cluster%20programmatically%20using%20keytab
>
> Other than fetching a ticket, you do not need to change anything.
>
> A few useful "How Tos" for a secure Hadoop Cluster are here : http://hadoopsecurity.org/wiki/How%20Tos
>
> Let me know if it solves your problem.
>
> thanks ,
> Benoy
>

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Vivek Mishra <vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone point me to a reference for running map reduce job or HDFS file creation over
Kerberos secured HDFS cluster( From remote client machine)?
> Spent entire day with different tweaks using UserGroupInformation and SecurityUtil.

interception or interference.