From max scalf <oracle.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject metastore sizing
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 14:25:39 GMT
Hello all,

We are getting ready to install hadoop cluster(16 data nodes) about 20TB
usable space after 3X replication.  We plan to keep all the metastore that
is required by hive, ooize, etc etc .. external to the cluster.  I am
trying to find any specs/requirements for this metastore.  This will be a
Mysql 5.7 but i cant seem to find any requirement as in how much storage is
required for this mysql database, CPU, memory etc..

What is the community doing for such a setup where the metastore is
external and you are using mysql, how fast is it growing and what hardware
do you have for these ?