From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: API backward binary/source compatibility report
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 17:20:01 GMT
Thanks for running through this!

It would be nice to have a version of the reports that limited the
classes checked to those annotated with InterfaceAudience.Public and
another at InterfaceAudience.LimitedPrivate.

I believe you can use the '-annotations-list' argument to do this.

and prepared a page with the history of API changes: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/hadoop/

> Hope the report will help users, maintainers and developers of the library to navigate
over the API differences.

> The analysis tool is open-source software: https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker
>
> Thank you.

busbey