From Prabhu Joseph <prabhujose.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YARN Fair Scheduler
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 05:28:59 GMT
Hi Karthik,

   Yes all the queues are always active (atleast one job is running at a
time) and thus the fair share of all queue is very less. How to design the
fair scheduler for this kind of case. Do you have some Best Practices to
design the fair-scheduler.xml.

Weights - is the correct way to make critical queues get a bigger share.
How Nesting of queues helps. And few more doubts

1. How to configure minResources of a queue, is the sum of minResources of
all queue should be equal to Total YARN Cluster Resource.
2. What we need to consider when configuring YARN queue for Spark Jobs

Thanks,
Prabhu Joseph