From yaoxiaohua <yaoxiao...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 01:06:29 GMT
Thanks for your reply,

                What make you give this conclusion?

Evan Yao

From: Namikaze Minato [mailto:lloydsensei@gmail.com]
Sent: 2016年1月14日 8:50
To: yaoxiaohua
Cc: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

Logical ones.

On 14 January 2016 at 01:13, yaoxiaohua <yaoxiaohua@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi,

                When we configure memory in yarn-site.xml, we find a recommend in hortonworks
 website.

Determine HDP Memory Configuration Settings

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/determine-hdp-memory-config.html

       python yarn-utils.py -c 16 -m 64 -d 4 -k True

                my question is that, for first parameter is the

-c CORES

The number of cores on each host.

                How to calculate the number of cores on each host?

                Use nproc?  Or other tools?

                I know that our host’s physical cores is 8, logical cores is 32.

                I should use which number? 32 or 8?

Best Regards,

Evan Yao