From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yarn app: Cannot run "java -jar" container
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:47:56 GMT
Ideally, the “yarn logs -application” command should give you the logs for the container
in question and the stdout/stderr there usually gives you a good indication on what is going
wrong.

Second more complex option:
   - Set yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec to say 1200 or a large enough value. Restart
all NMs.
   - Run your application.
   - Find the node on which your container failed.
   - Search through the yarn nodemanager local-dirs to find the launch_container.sh for your
container.
   - Look at its contents to see if things are being setup correctly. Run it manually to debug.

— Hitesh