From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject hadoop 0.20.2 namenode does not format actually white it says it is formatted
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:17:03 GMT
As a project dependency of nutch, I need to install hadoop-0.20.2 but
when I format the namenode it says the namenode is formated but when I
access the specified directory. It does not even exist. And the strange
thing is when I reformat the namenode it asks me for "*Y or N*" to re
foemat the namenode but I know the directory does not exist. I have
checked like everything but unable to find what I am missing. I have
installed Hadoop2 several times but this is going over to my head. I
need help on this. I am using the minimum configuration but if anybody
needs I can post the configurations or anything needed. please help to
make it run.

Thanks
Mohit Kaushik

Signature