From "mohit.kaushik" <mohit.kaus...@orkash.com>
Subject Re: Sharing single hadoop installation for multiple users on cluster
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 09:13:57 GMT
If you started Hadoop daemons with hduser, it will not be shown for the
user foo(or any other user) as hadoop daemons are just java processes.
But still you can run your jobs with any other user. Ensure that the
user foo has access to hadoop directories. And you also don't have to
create a directory in hdfs for the user. I hope this resolves your problem.

hduser $ start-all.sh
hduser $ su - other
other $ /home/hduser/hadoop203/bin/hadoop jar
/home/hduser/hadoop203/hadoop-examples*.jar pi 1 1

-Mohit Kasuhik