From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject Kerberos authentication using username/pswd
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:36:44 GMT
Everywhere I searched, there are plenty samples of using keytab file for Kerberos authentication,
but haven’t yet find anything samples to do so using username/pswd. I thought it was impossible
until “Toad For Hadoop” started doing that.

So doesn’t anyone know how it is implemented? In particular, I’d like to run a java program
in Windows, authenticate against Kerberos using username/pswd, and interact with Hadoop.

The how-to for Toad For Hadoop can be found here. BTW, it is a pretty neat tool for interacting
with Hadoop world.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-hadoop/b/weblog/archive/2015/08/10/connecting-to-your-kerberized-hadoop-environment-with-toad-for-hadoop

[”MerkleONE”]<http://www2.merkleinc.com/janfooter>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.