From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: build hadoop source code errors
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 06:03:43 GMT
Hello Zheng,

This looks like the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable couldn't be expanded by Maven, likely
because the environment variable is not defined.  I have mine set to the base directory of
my Findbugs 1.3.9 installation.

> echo $FINDBUGS_HOME
/Users/chris/findbugs-1.3.9

I expect setting up this environment variable, pointed to your own Findbugs 1.3.9 installation,
would resolve the problem.

Perhaps this isn't documented clearly enough in the BUILDING.txt file.  We do mention the
need for Findbugs 1.3.9, but I don't see mention of needing the FINDBUGS_HOME environment
variable.  If you're interested in helping to improve the documentation, then we'd welcome
a patch on the BUILDING.txt file.

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth

From: Zheng Huang <bupthz@gmail.com<mailto:bupthz@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:19 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: build hadoop source code errors

HI all, build hadoop source cod  have an error after clone hadoop from trunk branch of github.com<http://github.com>.

commant is mvn package -Pdist,native,docs,src -DskipTests -Dtar  on ubuntu:14.10 ppc64le os

errors is below:Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run
(site) on project hadoop-common: An Ant BuildException has occured: stylesheet /home/opuser/project/hadoop_build/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/${env.FINDBUGS_HOME}/src/xsl/default.xsl
doesn't exist.

anyone help me ? thank you .