From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop not using whole disk for HDFS
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 18:16:28 GMT
Yeah. It has the current value of 1073741824 which is like 1.07 gig.

B.
From: Chris Nauroth
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 11:57 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop not using whole disk for HDFS

Hi Bob,

Does the hdfs-site.xml configuration file contain the property dfs.datanode.du.reserved?
If this is defined, then the DataNode intentionally will not use this space for storage of
replicas.

<property>
  <name>dfs.datanode.du.reserved</name>
  <value>0</value>
  <description>Reserved space in bytes per volume. Always leave this much space free
for non dfs use.
  </description>
</property>

--Chris Nauroth