From Zheng Huang <bup...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build hadoop source code errors
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 07:57:18 GMT
the doc is very useful for me ,But have some questions ,
  1  where BUILD.txt should be  modify,
  2   if modified  BUILD.txt, then have a patch  file ,how to test this patch?

> On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:59, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> I'm glad to hear it helped.
>
> This page describes the contribution process.
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute <https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute>
>
> For a documentation-only patch on BUILDING.txt, the process would be simplified, because
a few steps like unit tests won't be applicable.

> --Chris Nauroth
>
> From: Zheng Huang <bupthz@gmail.com <mailto:bupthz@gmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:51 PM
> To: "user@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org
<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: build hadoop source code errors
>
> it work , thank you ,very happy for submitting  path . but I am a student, don’t know
how to submit path , could you give me some  docs about patch of  hadoop project.
>> On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:03, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com <mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

>> Hello Zheng,
>>
>> This looks like the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable couldn't be expanded by Maven,
likely because the environment variable is not defined.  I have mine set to the base directory
of my Findbugs 1.3.9 installation.

>> > echo $FINDBUGS_HOME
>> /Users/chris/findbugs-1.3.9
>>
>> I expect setting up this environment variable, pointed to your own Findbugs 1.3.9
installation, would resolve the problem.

>> Perhaps this isn't documented clearly enough in the BUILDING.txt file.  We do mention
the need for Findbugs 1.3.9, but I don't see mention of needing the FINDBUGS_HOME environment
variable.  If you're interested in helping to improve the documentation, then we'd welcome
a patch on the BUILDING.txt file.

of github.com <http://github.com/>.  a

>> commant is mvn package -Pdist,native,docs,src -DskipTests -Dtar  on ubuntu:14.10
ppc64le os

>> errors is below:Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run
(site) on project hadoop-common: An Ant BuildException has occured: stylesheet /home/opuser/project/hadoop_build/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/${env.FINDBUGS_HOME}/src/xsl/default.xsl
doesn't exist.