From Zheng Huang <bup...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build hadoop source code errors
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 03:10:00 GMT
thank you very much, I have summit the patch, can you help to check the patch ? fell so cool
 for making a  contribution  to apache .
> On Nov 7, 2015, at 02:01, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> I filed HADOOP-12557 to track this change.  Let's take further discussion there.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12557 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12557>
>
> Zheng, please feel free to assign this to yourself if you'd like to work on it.  I'd
suggest that we add a line in BUILDING.txt after the "Use -Pdocs to generate..." line, mentioning
that the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable must be defined, pointing to the base directory
of the Findbugs installation.

> For a documentation patch like this, you'll still follow the same procedure from the
wiki page for generating a patch, attaching it to the JIRA, and then clicking the Submit Patch
button to trigger pre-commit checks.  No further testing beyond that is required.  Committers
will verify it through code review.

> --Chris Nauroth
>
> From: Zheng Huang <bupthz@gmail.com <mailto:bupthz@gmail.com>>
> Date: Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:57 AM
> To: "user@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org
<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: build hadoop source code errors
>
> the doc is very useful for me ,But have some questions ,
>   1  where BUILD.txt should be  modify,
>   2   if modified  BUILD.txt, then have a patch  file ,how to test this patch?
>
>> On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:59, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com <mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

>> I'm glad to hear it helped.
>>
>> This page describes the contribution process.
>>
>> https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute <https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute>
>>
>> For a documentation-only patch on BUILDING.txt, the process would be simplified,
because a few steps like unit tests won't be applicable.

>> --Chris Nauroth
>>
>> From: Zheng Huang <bupthz@gmail.com <mailto:bupthz@gmail.com>>
>> Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:51 PM
>> To: "user@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org
<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
>> Subject: Re: build hadoop source code errors
>>
>> it work , thank you ,very happy for submitting  path . but I am a student, don’t
know how to submit path , could you give me some  docs about patch of  hadoop project.
>>> On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:03, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com <mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hello Zheng,
>>>
>>> This looks like the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable couldn't be expanded by
Maven, likely because the environment variable is not defined.  I have mine set to the base
directory of my Findbugs 1.3.9 installation.

>>> /Users/chris/findbugs-1.3.9
>>>
>>> I expect setting up this environment variable, pointed to your own Findbugs 1.3.9
installation, would resolve the problem.

>>> Perhaps this isn't documented clearly enough in the BUILDING.txt file.  We do
mention the need for Findbugs 1.3.9, but I don't see mention of needing the FINDBUGS_HOME
environment variable.  If you're interested in helping to improve the documentation, then
we'd welcome a patch on the BUILDING.txt file.

branch of github.com <http://github.com/>.  a

>>> commant is mvn package -Pdist,native,docs,src -DskipTests -Dtar  on ubuntu:14.10
ppc64le os

>>> errors is below:Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run
(site) on project hadoop-common: An Ant BuildException has occured: stylesheet /home/opuser/project/hadoop_build/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/${env.FINDBUGS_HOME}/src/xsl/default.xsl
doesn't exist.