From Jingfei Hu <jingfei...@hotmail.com>
Subject Http request uri query parameters of the redirected location
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 01:53:59 GMT
Hi team,

I am using WebHDFS rest api to read from and write to HDFS cluster files.
I've got a minor question when using curl command line to practice some
apis.  It's

Would the query parameters be appended to the redirected location when
creating files or any other apis which needs a redirect?

Of course, I tried out. And it seems work in that way.

curl -i -X PUT "http://xxx:50070/webhdfs/v1/hellowworld?op=CREATE

If I put it a &user.name=hadoop, then the redirected location would also
contain such a query parameter.

My further question is it's by design or not. Can I make this assumption
when writing codes?

Thanks,

Jingfei