From Caesar Samsi <cmsa...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: New to hadoop. Need help
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 20:05:08 GMT
Hi Farhan,

The file and directories are in Hadoop. To get it to Windows, you’d have to issue “hdfs
dfs get hadoopfilename.txt windowsfilename.txt

Hope this helps!

Best, Caesar.

From: Farhan Iqbal [mailto:farhan.iqbal@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 12:27 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: New to hadoop. Need help

Hi guys

I am new to Hadoop. I just installed Hadoop 2.7.1 in windows 7 using

https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

Now my question is

How can I browse file in windows which are in hdfs system

e.g. when I executed this command

%HADOOP_PREFIX%\bin\yarn jar %HADOOP_PREFIX%\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-example
s-2.5.0.jar wordcount /myfile.txt /out

where can I view this /out directory etc in windows.

I have pushed myfile.txt using

C:\deploy>%HADOOP_PREFIX%\bin\hdfs dfs -put myfile.txt /