From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 16:48:53 GMT
See /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-hdfs-client/bin/hdfs which calls hdfs.distro

At the top of hdfs.distro, you would see the usage:

function print_usage(){
  echo "Usage: hdfs [--config confdir] COMMAND"
  echo "       where COMMAND is one of:"
  echo "  dfs                  run a filesystem command on the file systems
supported in Hadoop."
  echo "  namenode -format     format the DFS filesystem"
  echo "  secondarynamenode    run the DFS secondary namenode"
  echo "  namenode             run the DFS namenode"
  echo "  journalnode          run the DFS journalnode"

BTW since this question is vendor specific, I suggest continuing on
vendor's forum.

Cheers