From Anders Nielsen <anders.shinde.niel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of hadoop in AWS - Build it from scratch on a EC2 instance / MapR hadoop distribution / Amazon hadoop distribution
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:53:52 GMT
Dear Jose,

It will help people answer your question if you specify your goals :

-If you do it to learn how to USE a running Hadoop then go for one of the
prebuilt distributions (Amazon or MapR)
-If you do it to learn more about the setting up and administrating Hadoop
then you are better off setting everything up from scratch on EC2.
-Do you need to run on many nodes or just a 1 node to test some Mapreduce
scripts on a small data set?

Regards,

Anders

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 10:03 PM, José Luis Larroque <larroquester@gmail.com