From Neelesh Salian <nsal...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Want to contribute to Apache
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 20:41:05 GMT
Welcome to the community and glad to see the interest on the project.

Personally, I would recommend getting to know the project and see which
area you would prefer working on.
The documentation page will give you a good start to the architecture and
the examples of the projects within Hadoop;
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/
You can pick and choose whichever project you wish to begin, based on your
interest and liking.

To start being a part of the community, contribution via code, mailing
lists are always appreciated.
Here is a good guide: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

Good luck and awaiting to see your contributions to the community.
Regards,

--
Neelesh Srinivas Salian