From John Lilley <john.lil...@redpoint.net>
Subject UserGroupInformation and login with password
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:28:26 GMT
Greetings,

Our software uses UserGroupInformation to authenticate with Kerberos-secure clusters.  We've
found that there are obvious methods for logging in via keytab:
loginUserFromKeytab()
reloginFromKeytab()

However, there are not obvious analogous methods for password-based login.  We've created
the equivalent to loginUserFromPassword() using reflection to access private members, but
have not yet created the equivalent reloginFromPassword().

It doesn't seem right to be using reflection here, but we cannot find the public API for principal/password
login and relogin.  It seems like this should be something simple.  We do need to support
password, because many of our customers do not allow keytabs.

Thanks
John Lilley