From Varun Saxena <vsaxena.va...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores vs yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-vcores
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:56:40 GMT
This configuration is read and used by NodeManager, on whichever node its
running.
If it is not configured, default value will be taken.

Regards,
Varun Saxena.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Pedro Magalhaes <pedrorjbr@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Varun! Like we say in Brazil.  "U are the guy!" (Você é o cara!)
>
> I have another question. You said that:
> "yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores on the other hand will have to be
> configured as per resource capability of that particular node. "
>
> I get the configuration from my job and printed it:
> yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores 8 yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb
> 8192
>
> So how does hadoop get this property if it is per node? Does it get the
> minimum of all nodes? Thanks again!
>

> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Varun Saxena <vsaxena.varun@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The fix would be released in next version(2.8.0).
>> I had checked the code to find out the default value and then found it
>> fixed in documentation(configuration list).
>>
>> As this is an unreleased version, a URL link (of the form
>> https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/yarn-default.xml)
>> may not be available AFAIK,
>> However, this XML(yarn-default.xml) can be checked online in git
>> repository.
>>
>> Associated JIRA which fixes this is
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-3823
>>
>> Regards,
>> Varun Saxena.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Pedro Magalhaes <pedrorjbr@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Varun!
>>> Could plz send me the link with the fixed?

on number of vcores which can be allocated by RM i.e. any Resource request/ask from AM which
asks for vcores > 32(default value) for a container, will be normalized back to 32.

CPU
if