From Nishanth S <chinchu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting the inputSplits
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:25:30 GMT
Thank you.I have   explained the problem better here below.Is this
possible?.

We have a use case where we have files in   the below directory structure.
The requirement is that we  should not process files inside a Parent
directory in parallel(1.txt and 2.txt  cannot be processed in parallel
since we need to do some check pointing we have to process the oldest file
first).How ever 1.txt and 5.txt can be processed in parallel. Right now I
am  over riding the list status method to pick only the oldest file but
this means I cannot achieve parallelism outside the parent as well since
the number of input splits is always 1. What would be  the way to go about
this use case ?.In short I want to achieve parallelism outside Parent
directory but not within it. Please advise.

published/

+-- Parent1/

¦       +-- 1.txt

¦       +-- 2.txt