From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hadoop setfacl --set not working
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:29:19 GMT
Hi Kumar,

This is correct syntax for the HDFS setfacl command.  If you're running from Windows cmd.exe,
then you may need to wrap command line parameters in quotes if they contain any of the cmd.exe
parameter delimiters.  In cmd.exe, the parameter delimiters are space, comma, semicolon and
equal sign.  The syntax for an ACL spec contains commas, so we need to wrap that in quotes.
 Otherwise, cmd.exe splits it into multiple arguments before invoking the Hadoop code, and
this is why you see an error for too many arguments.  When I ran this on Windows, it worked:

hadoop fs -setfacl --set "user::rwx,user:user1:---,group::rwx,other::rwx" /test1

--Chris Nauroth

From: kumar r <kumarlearner@gmail.com<mailto:kumarlearner@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 12:29 AM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>" <user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: hadoop setfacl --set not working

I am windows user, Configured Hadoop-2.6.0 secured with kerberos. Trying to set ACL for a
directory using below command

hadoop fs -setfacl --set user::rwx,user:user1:---,group::rwx,other::rwx /test1

It gives

-setfacl: Too many arguments
Usage: hadoop fs [generic options] -setfacl [-R] [{-b|-k} {-m|-x <acl_spec>} <path>]|[--set
<acl_spec> <path>]

I have posted question in stackoverflow and the link is

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31422810/hadoop-setfacl-set-not-working