From James Peterzon | 123dm <ja...@123dm.nl>
Subject Hadoop or RDBMS
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:46:40 GMT
Hi there,

We have build a (online) selection tool where marketeers can select their
target groups for marketing purposes eg direct mail or telemarketing.
Now we were asked to build a similar selection tool based on a Hadoop
database. This database contains about 35 million records (companies) with
different fields to select on (Number of emplyees, Activity code,
Geographical codes, Legal form code, Turnover figures, Year of establishment
and so on)

Performance is very important for this online app. If one makes a selection
with different criteria, the number of selected records should be on your
screen in (milli) seconds.

We are not sure if Hadoop will be a good choice, for fast results we need a
good indexed relational database in our opinionĀŠ

Can anybody advise me?

Thanks!

Best regards,

James Peterzon