From Kevin <kevin.macksa...@gmail.com>
Subject Using YARN with native applications
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 22:00:43 GMT
Hello,

I have been using the distributed shell application and Oozie to run native
C++ applications in the cluster. Is YARN able to see the resources these
native applications use. For example, if I use Oozie's shell action, the
NodeManager hosts the mapper container and allocates a certain amount of
memory and vcores (as configured). What happens if my C++ application uses
more memory or vcores than the NodeManager allocated?

I was looking in the Hadoop code and I couldn't find my way to answer.
Although, it seems the LinuxContainerExecutor may be the answer to my
question since it uses cgroups.

I'm interested to know how YARN reacts to non-Java applications running
inside of it.

Thanks,
Kevin