From Pasquale Salza <pasquale.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Execute an external command with Hadoop 2.6.0
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 08:42:04 GMT
Hi there,
I have a Hadoop 2.6.0 cluster running on CentOS, Hortonworks distribution.
I'm trying to execute an external command within a Mapper execution, but I
did't manage to invoke a script neither with Shell.ShellCommandExecutor nor
with ProcessBuilder. It is like it can't read from the host local
filesystem.

I tried with a simple:

    touch /root/test.txt

because I'm executing the job with the root user. I found this output in
the logs:

    Cannot run program "touch /root/test.txt"

I have a sensation there is a sort of isolation of map task in Yarn. Am I
right? Is there a way to disable it?

Thanks in advance,
Pasquale

--