From Giri P <gpatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive question
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 23:28:02 GMT
But coalesce returns first not null value.

what I'm trying here is to throw error when I try to read the data using
hive table of different datatype

create external table test123(id int, name string)
row format delimited fields terminated by '\t'
location /user/sandbox/test.tsv

test.csv

1      king
2      queen
3a    john

When we try to read that data the last row  "3a" is show as null since it
cannot cast that to INT. But here in my case I want to throw error
something like invalid data.

I did post in hive user group also but didn't get any response