From Ewan Higgs <ewan.hi...@ugent.be>
Subject Web Address appears to be ignored
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 15:09:15 GMT
Hi all,
I am setting up a Hadoop cluster where the nodes have FQDNames inside
the cluster, but the DNS where these names are registered is behind some
login nodes. So any user who tries to access the web interface needs to
use the IPs instead.

I set the 'yarn.nodemanager.webapp.address' and
'yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address' to the appropriate IP:port. I
don't give it the FQDN in this config field.

However, when I access the web app it all works inside each web app.
However, when I cross from the Resource Manager to the Node Manager web
app, the href url uses the FQDN that I don't want. Obviously this is a
dead link to the user and can only be fixed if they copy and paste the
appropriate IP address for the node (not a pleasant user experience).

Is there a way to convince the web app to not use the FQDN or is this a
potential bug? Or maybe this will end up as "WONTFIX - open up your DNS".

Yours,
Ewan