From Jonathan Aquilina <jaquil...@eagleeyet.net>
Subject Re: Unable to Find S3N Filesystem Hadoop 2.6
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:58:28 GMT

you mention an environmental variable. the step before you specify the
steps to run to get to the result. you can specify a bash script that
will allow you to put any 3rd party jar files, for us we used esri, on
the cluster and propagate them to all nodes in the cluster as well. You
can ping me off list if you need further help. Thing is I havent used
pig but my boss and coworker wrote the mappers and reducers. to get
these jars to the entire cluster was a super small and simple bash
script.

---
Regards,
Jonathan Aquilina
Founder Eagle Eye T

On 2015-04-20 15:17, Billy Watson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am able to run a `hadoop fs -ls s3n://my-s3-bucket` from the command line without issue.
I have set some options in hadoop-env.sh to make sure all the S3 stuff for hadoop 2.6 is set
up correctly. (This was very confusing, BTW and not enough searchable documentation on changes
to the s3 stuff in hadoop 2.6 IMHO).

> Anyways, when I run a pig job which accesses s3, it gets to 16%, does not fail in pig,
but rather fails in mapreduce with "Error: java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme:
s3n."

> I have added [hadoop-install-loc]/lib and [hadoop-install-loc]/share/hadoop/tools/lib/
to the HADOOP_CLASSPATH env variable in hadoop-env.sh.erb. When I do not do this, the pig
job will fail at 0% (before it ever gets to mapreduce) with a very similar "No fileystem for
scheme s3n" error.

> I feel like at this point I just have to add the share/hadoop/tools/lib directory (and
maybe lib) to the right environment variable, but I can't figure out which environment variable
that should be.

> I appreciate any help, thanks!!
>
> Stack trace:
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2584) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2591)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:91) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2630)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2612) at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:370)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:296) at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(FileInputFormat.java:498)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(FileInputFormat.java:467)
at org.apache.pig.piggybank.storage.CSVExcelStorage.setLocation(CSVExcelStorage.java:609)
at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigInputFormat.mergeSplitSpecificConf(PigInputFormat.java:129)
at
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigInputFormat.createRecordReader(PigInputFormat.java:103)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.<init>(MapTask.java:512)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:755) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:341)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method) at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1628)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)