From Ravindra Kumar Naik <ravin.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.6 issue
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 17:35:57 GMT
Hi,

Creating batch program will not have the same effect. If you put the
variables in /etc/environment then it will be available to all users on the
operating system. HDFS doesn't run with root privileges.
You need to open the application with *sudo* or with root privileges to
modify it.
e.g. If you are using vi editor then its just *sudo* *vim /etc/environment*
(similar, if you are using other editors) and add environment variables
there.