From Yang <teddyyyy...@gmail.com>
Subject in YARN/MR2, can I still submit multiple jobs to one MR application master?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:30:33 GMT
conceptually, the MR application master is similar to the old job tracker.

if so, can I submit multiple jobs to the same MR application master?  it
looks like an odd use case, the context is that we have users generating
lots of MR jobs, and he currently has a little crude scheduler that
periodically launches jobs to the RM by just "hadoop jar ..."

instead I was thinking to "carve out" a MR2 allocation in RM first, then
periodically submit to the "job tracker"/application master, so that all
the jobs are localized to this allocation.

I was also thinking about using Tez instead of MR application master. Tez
replaces MR2 application master, not on top of it, right?

Thanks
Yang