From "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: ApplicationMaster's logs are not available
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 02:54:13 GMT
Hi Zoltán Zvara,
 which version of yarn are you using ?

+ Naga
________________________________
From: Zoltán Zvara [zoltan.zvara@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 19:31
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: ApplicationMaster's logs are not available

Hi,

I'm writing my own AM, but YARN collects and shows no logs for its container whatsoever. My
AM runs forever and I would like to debug it, but without logs I just can't do it. My AM uses
org.slf4j.Logger for logging. Other applications, like MR and Spark logs fine. Is there any
option that I need to set explicitly to enable logging? I've tried to fetch logs with and
without log-aggregation-enable, but without success.

I would appreciate any tips regarding this.

Thanks!

Zoltán Zvara