From Matt Narrell <matt.narr...@gmail.com>
Subject YARN HA Active ResourceManager failover when machine is stopped
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:41:41 GMT
I’m using Hadoop 2.6.0 from HDP 2.2.4 installed via Ambari 2.0

I’m testing the YARN HA ResourceManager failover. If I STOP the active ResourceManager (shut
the machine off), the standby ResourceManager is elected to active, but the NodeManagers do
not register themselves with the newly elected active ResourceManager. If I restart the machine
(but DO NOT resume the YARN services) the NodeManagers register with the newly elected ResourceManager
and my jobs resume. I assume I have some bad configuration, as this produces a SPOF, and is
not HA in the sense I’m expecting.

Thanks,
mn