From Matt Narrell <matt.narr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YARN HA Active ResourceManager failover when machine is stopped
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:39:18 GMT
Active ResourceManager:  http://pastebin.com/hE0ppmnb <http://pastebin.com/hE0ppmnb>
Standby ResourceManager: http://pastebin.com/DB8VjHqA <http://pastebin.com/DB8VjHqA>

Oppressively chatty and not much valuable info contained therein.

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> I have run into this offline with someone else too but couldn't root-cause it.
>
> Will you be able to share your active/standby ResourceManager logs via pastebin or something?
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Apr 23, 2015, at 9:41 AM, Matt Narrell <matt.narrell@gmail.com <mailto:matt.narrell@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> I’m using Hadoop 2.6.0 from HDP 2.2.4 installed via Ambari 2.0
>>
>> I’m testing the YARN HA ResourceManager failover. If I STOP the active ResourceManager
(shut the machine off), the standby ResourceManager is elected to active, but the NodeManagers
do not register themselves with the newly elected active ResourceManager. If I restart the
machine (but DO NOT resume the YARN services) the NodeManagers register with the newly elected
ResourceManager and my jobs resume. I assume I have some bad configuration, as this produces
a SPOF, and is not HA in the sense I’m expecting.