From Michael Segel <msegel_had...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Pseudo-Distributed Mode take advantage of multi-core structure?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:17:01 GMT
Short answer yes.
> On Mar 24, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Xuzhan Sun <sunxuzhan@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to do some test on my single node cluster for Speed. I know it is easy to set
up the Pseudo-Distributed Mode, and Hadoop will start one Java process for each single map/reduce.

> My question is: is it parallel enough on multi-core CPU? I mean if I have 4 mappers at
the same time while my CPU have 4 cores, will the 4 mappers be running on different cores
at the same time?

> I know another way to simulate a Hadoop cluster with one machine is to use virtual machine
software such as VMware to simulate multiple machines and set up a cluster upon these virtual
machines. What's the difference between the two methods for SPEED and PARALLEL on multi-core
structure?