From Somnath Pandeya <Somnath_Pand...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: how to check hdfs
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:57:25 GMT
Is your hdfs daemon running on cluster. ? ?

From: Vikas Parashar [mailto:para.vikas@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 10:33 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to check hdfs

Hi,

Kindly install hadoop-hdfs rpm in your machine..

Rg:
Vicky

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Shengdi Jin <jinshengdi@gmail.com<mailto:jinshengdi@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi all,
I just start to learn hadoop, I have a naive question
I used
    hdfs dfs -ls /home/cluster
to check the content inside.
But I get error
    ls: No FileSystem for scheme: hdfs
My configuration file core-site.xml is like
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
  <value>hdfs://master:9000</value>
</property>
</configuration>

hdfs-site.xml is like
<configuration>
<property>
   <name>dfs.replication</name>
   <value>2</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
   <value>file:/home/cluster/mydata/hdfs/namenode</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
   <value>file:/home/cluster/mydata/hdfs/datanode</value>
</property>
</configuration>
is there any thing wrong ?
Thanks a lot.